Friday, February 22, 2013

BROAD STREET.

That's right, everyone.
I got in (I can only assume it's because of my Blue Cross health insurance, not because of my running abilities).

Nonetheless, I will be running the Broad Street Run 10 Miler on May 5th.

I live just outside of Philadelphia, so I am somewhat familiar with the route. I've been running three miles comfortably for a while, but I fell off the exercise/running wagon a bit from December (post-gobble wobble) - now. Sure, I did some intermittent exercising, yoga classes, but I was not showing my face at the gym 5 days a week.

So, thank you, Broad Street Run Lottery, for selecting me and giving my tush the push it needs.

So, the way I plan to increase my mileage is to start at three miles every 2-3 days. I ran Tuesday night on the treadmill and did three miles no problem (a little slow, but no problem).

My alarm was set for 9am this morning but I managed to wake up on my own and decided I should run before work today!

YEAH.

I'm feeling three miles with a brisk .5 mile cool down. That should do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment