Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day - Love Yourself


Valentine's Day has never really held much importance to me other than you either hate it or you love it. I personally enjoy the pink, purple and red hearts and I think that the idea of LOVE on Valentine's Day is beautiful. To me, Valentine's is a day of appreciation and kindness-- no hate allowed. Anyone can celebrate! You don't need a Valentine, you just need a positive outlook.

That's why, on Valentine's Day, I take the time to appreciate myself. I focus on the positive things in my life and I try not to dwell on the fact that my boyfriend has never once gotten me flowers EVER in the three Valentine's Days we have been dating and this Valentine's is not going to change this winning streak of his. Not bitter, not bitter at all. 

But really...we all need to hone in on the positive aspects of our health-- so why not love your body on Valentine's Day? 

If you're reading this on a computer screen, you have access to eyesight (and technology). If you're reading this, you are breathing. Your heart works, your lungs work and you are literate. You, my friends, are lucky. Some individuals are currently in a hospital bed, waiting for a heart transplant or some may be hooked up to a ventilator. 

I know I'm focusing on the internal aspects, but really, isn't that what counts? Yes, you still need to love yourself externally, but you need to appreciate that your internal organs are (hopefully) doing what they should be. 

Give your body a dose of appreciation today. Thank your body for what it does for you. In my case, I might just go for a run after work tonight and stretch it out really well! Ah, can't wait!

So, love it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment