Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Accomplishments & Hug a Runner!

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that I ran a very long distance (for myself) that was 6.4 miles! I ended up running to the bank to deposit a check and then I took a detour on the way back, ended up doing another 1.6 miles than I originally planned.

I did not set out to run this pace, since I'm running the Gobble Wobble in less than two days. I figured, hey what the hell! I'll give it a go. I'm so glad I pushed myself through. I proved to myself that I'm really getting back into running and it's for good! I made sure to go to yoga tonight to help soothe my muscles, even though I stretched and foam rolled a TON after I initially got home post-run.

So yes, that's how I began with the run. The first 1.5-2 miles are always the mentally and physically most difficult. I find it easier to run once I hit the 2 mile mark. I don't really track my time or pace, but I went slow. I made it in about an 1:10 (one hour, ten minutes) but I didn't want to overexert myself. either.

Also...

Happy Hug a Runner Day, all you runners get huge hugs from me!
No matter how slow you are going, you are still lapping everyone on the couch!
Stay fit, healthy and motivated!

Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment