Sunday, November 11, 2012

Exercising my fitness commitment

Excuses

  • You don't have time to workout. 
  • You are busy. 
  • You are stressed. 
  • You have classes. 
  • You have assignments to do for your classes.
  • You have work.  
  • You just don't have time for anything else in your schedule.

So, how will you find time to workout?

I solved this dilemma for myself. I have two jobs, an internship and I go to school full time. I make time to workout. No, I don't magically have 26 hours in a day, but some days it sure feels like it.
Starting a workout regimen is complicated and hectic. It doesn't have to be! That's why I'm here, to hold your hand and motivate you to put one foot in front of the other until you're breaking a sweat.

What works for me

I have a little secret tidbit of information to help you better understand time management.

There are individuals out there who are busier than you and they are carving out time to exercise.

If you can't make your workout fit into your schedule, then you need to make your workout more accessible.

My dilemma and how I solved it:

I want to work out at the gym where I work, but the hours just do not fit my routine.

Question: Now, you may simply ask me, why don't you just work out at home?

My answer: Working out at home is not a real possibility for me. My house is old, creaky and tiny and there's not much room do do a full-on cardio session in my living room. It's impossible. So, I suggest you, my fellow space-limited friends, to join a gym with better hours for you.

I just joined a 24-hour gym. I can go whenever and it's really great! Especially when I close at my mall job (the mall closes at 9, out of there by 9:30 and the gym wouldn't happen until 10 which, by that point, my old gym closed at 10). Yeah, so a workout would NOT happen.

If you can't make a gym work for you, it's time to start searching!

Commit to fit!
Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment