Monday, November 19, 2012

running and training gear purchases!

Yesterday, I realized that it is going to be chilly Thanksgiving morning. I'm running a 5k and I almost never run outside when it's cold (at least, not really). I'm kind of a wimp about it!

I figure I'd invest in a set of Under Armour Coldgear leggings! They are so beautiful and soft and warm and I just can't wait to take them for a test run (literally). So I bought these beautiful Under Armour Coldgear Compression Leggings. I'm patiently waiting for these babies to arrive soon via Fed Ex!


I need compression because it helps speed my recovery time (not as sore after longer runs, feel more supported when running and less muscle tightness). I also needed a pair of cold gear because all my other running tights were NOT SUITED for running in cold weather and the cold air just wooshes right through! Brrr...

Another purchase I made this weekend...which I am WAY too excited about:



I got a pair of ASICS Women's Gel- Envigor TRs! I live and breathe ASICS shoes, I've strayed from their wonderful products and only caused my feet pain and suffering! These blue beauties are my cross trainers. What that means is if I'm heading to the gym to just lift, maybe I'm going to take a Body Pump class, it's for less intense impact activity and I'll wear these. I normally wear my other running ASICS to to everything, but I don't want to wear them out from cross training, spinning classes, etc. I want to save my hardcore running shoes for hardcore running, races and long runs--where I really need them! 

Better yet, I found them at Nordstrom Rack, and they were only $55-- yes, please!

Happy Fitness :)

Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment