Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cool Down and Stretch

You're done your workout. You're covered in sweat, thinking about how you just want to leave the gym and go home and shower.

Don't.

Stay and stretch for ten minutes. Your muscles will be less sore and less prone to injury.

The best way I can force myself to stay and stretch is to have a stretching playlist on my iPod. That way, it's ready for me when I'm done with a grueling workout. I make a mix of heart-rate slowing songs that I love!

Here's a few songs from my stretching playlist (I keep it on shuffle, great way to keep it unpredictable):

  • Last Kiss - Taylor Swift
  • The Goldfish Song - Kina Grannis
  • Colors - Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
  • Such Great Heights - Iron & Wine
  • Your Song - Ellie Goulding
  • Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift (feat. The Civil Wars)
  • Stars - Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
  • Bluebird - Sara Bareilles
I'll also update my playlist about once every other week, to alleviate boredom. I also keep many different songs (up to 30 songs) so I always have an option. 

Another option for music is if your music device has Wifi capabilities. I'll go on Pandora and put the Singer/Songwriter or Yoga station on and just zen out.

I allow my mind to wander while I'm lying on the mat stretching. It's so euphoric and relaxing and it's pure "me" time.


If you are looking for a great stretching routine, here are some great options:



I'm a huge fan of Cassey's stretch routine from Blogilates. It has helped increase my flexibility so much!

Love your body back and reward those muscles every day! They truly do so much for you. Remember not to push your muscles too far, or else you may strain or tear a muscle. 

Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment